The In-Home Assessment is a no-charge care assessment conducted at your home or place of residence.
During the assessment you can expect:
- You will get to know the assessor, and learn about the state-licensed and fully insured agency, Texas Angels Home Care.
- The assessor will provide you with a copy of our Client/Family Manual. This manual contains valuable information about your care and includes important resources.
- You will be briefed on all possible care options that are appropriate to your situation.
- Your individual needs will be assessed and documented; during this, we will discuss your personal preferences; dietary choices; comfort levels of personal interaction; and your family and household dynamics.
- We will review all of your physical and mental health conditions, allergies to medication and/or foods, and document a list of your current medications.
- We will review an Advance Directive (sometimes referred to as a Living Will), your DNR preferences (Out-of-Hospital, Do-Not-Resuscitate Order) and, review your Medical Power of Attorney. Please have copies of these documents ready to give to the assessor.
- A Home Safety Inspection will be conducted and your residence will be evaluated for areas of safety and accessibility.
- If you decide at the In-Home Assessment to begin services with Texas Angels Home Care, we will all sign the following documents: Consent for Services, Service Agreement, and the HIPAA Agreement. Please see our web page of the Admission Process for the next steps.
Be ready to ask plenty of questions. We realize this is completely new territory for most and you may have specific concerns. Texas Angels will be prepared to provide you with all of the information you may require to make informed decisions on Home Care options. We understand there will be a great deal of information exchanged. Feel free to invite children, siblings, or friends to listen along.